Total Pageviews

Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 221 Thankfulness is sometimes a choice

We have all had them, days which test our patience right? Well I had one yesterday and let me tell you it turned out great. What was that ,did I just say great? Yes great!

After retuning from my trip to Israel I was left with out a vehicle and happily returned to the riding of my bike to and from my place of work. It was great getting back into cycling, I felt better, weighed less and was having more fun and to be honest fewer responsibilities with out the van. This past week however I have had the fortune of my mother inlaws car due to some people being away for holidays for a short time. Since I kind of had some major running around to do; this was great. I of course have not had the chance to ride my bike or hit the tread mill so far this week, but that okay.

But back to yesterday. After a meeting across town I came back into the office to finish off the workday and catch upon some paperwork. Unknown to me the car was losing power the whole time I was driving, so when I stepped out of work and tried to start it, nothing happened. Thankfully, one of my co-workers was still there and was able to give me a boost. As I was driving home the battery indicator came on, so I knew that something was still wrong. So I parked the car in the driveway backwards just in case. Sure enough; the second I turned it off, it would not start again.

I made a few phone calls and had to wait for people to call me back. While I was waiting I got the time I needed to build our new patio set which had arrived the following day. Long story short, my brother’s wife was able to pick me up and drive me to the local Canadian Tire where I got some much needed advice and equipment. After cleaning the battery and contacts, getting another boost and driving around, I still got the same result, another battery indicator. I decide that I would, while the car was running drop it off at the repair shop and bus it home.

My wife who is always supportive came with me of course and told me that my mother inlaw had to take her husband to the doctors today and was out all day. Did you catch it, maybe not? My father inlaw is in a wheelchair and would have or could have been stranded when he went to the doctors. Because they were using another car they avoided the trouble that I encountered. Now many might say coincidence, I say God's unseen hand. The important part is that I remained calm in what I could have view as a trial and instead had the opportunity to thank and praise God in the end. Thankfulness is sometimes simply a matter of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment