Total Pageviews

Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 215 His Loving Kindness

My wife is legally blind or as some people choose to say vision impaired. As regular readers of my blog should know by now, I do not consider this in any way shape or form a disability or hindrance to her functioning as a normal person. I will say it again to emphasis my position, she sees more with her heart than most do with their eyes. And to set the record straight we all are disabled or have disabilities in some way shape or form. We are all made and formed by God above to serve his purposes. It maybe more evident as to why in some people, and not as much in others. My wife has a tender heart and tries to help everyone, including strangers, this is just who she is.

Now because God has made her this way, he also has provided her with some extraordinary help and courage. If you have met Merna you will know that there is nothing and I mean nothing this girl will not try even if she is afraid. This go gettem attitude can sometimes put her in what I would call a tight spot. Thank God it is not me, for my faith is not as tested or strong as my wife's. She has stories that would make your hair turn white, but in the end they always have the same result. God provides, is a simple as I can state it, whatever she needs. A helping hand here, a direction there, a coincidental ride home just in time. The miracles with this girl are endless. Many times she has recounted stories where she did not know which way to go, or if something or somewhere was safe, and as she is praying one of those beautiful angels steps in and shows God's faithfulness and blesses her. Now I know what you are thinking, all of these circumstances could not be angels and I would have to agree. However, there are at least three or four that definitely are, hands down no argument and for each and all I thank him.

For it states in the Bible Isaiah 42:16 King James Version (KJV)  16And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.  

As I sit typing this blog, my heart is softened toward my wife and her special connection with the Almighty and the understanding that he cares deeply for her on a very personal level. And I pray that someday I will know that kind of reliant faith that my wife has, and be blessed with the same closeness to God. What a way to experience his loving kindness, what a blessing, what wonder, and what reward.

May God continue to watch over and protect her.

No comments:

Post a Comment