Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 231 Cooking

Because we went to Church on Saturday I was able to devote most of my time on Sunday to one of my favorite past times, cooking. There is just something wonderful about creating something that people can enjoy and benefit from. Of course I wouldn't do anything if it wasn't fun, but being in the kitchen has always been more than that for me. When I grew up as a kid my mom and brother and I had to stick to a very strict budget. As a result we didn't go out to eat that often and had to be inventive in the kitchen to keep thing interesting.

Now that I am on my own, that history has worked it's way into my kitchen. Not only do I mix strange things together in order to not waste food, I also experiment with every dish I cook. It does help that the Lord has blessed me with a mother inlaw with a wonderful garden and range of fresh produce. It also helps that I seem to have a skill for cooking and a taste to go with it. It is not uncommon for me to be found in my kitchen listening to jazz and preparing 3-4 meals at a time.

This past Sunday I made a wonderful beef stew, zucchini curry and a big batch of home made chicken wings and boy were they good and gone just as quick. My wife now accuses me of getting her hooked on hot sauce in the stew or soups. But no matter what I cook the ultimate thanks must go to God who provides not only the material but the talent as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment