Total Pageviews

Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 225 A Study of what we should be thankful for

Today I did something a little different and searched the word (Bible) for what I should be thankful for. I mean here I am everyday typing out what I am thankful for with no real clue as to what I SHOULD be thankful for. I can't believe it took me 225 days to figure out that maybe I should check with the Lord's word. I mean how can I know his will or voice if I don't immerse myself in it. I should know by now that man's will (aka my) is not God's and that in order to please him I should consult with the word on everything. Even in something like this. If our actions are not really thought out, or focused on, then something like being thankful could easily be devalued or considered small. Once again my bad.

Well as a read through the scriptures I have found listed below and I notice a trend. We should be thankful for a lot of things that do not make my daily list, like his deeds, his goodness, his mercy, his name, his holiness and salvation. And another thing I noticed was the way in which we are to be thankful. Not grudgingly, but with joy and jubilation, with songs and praise, with shouts and music. Truly thankfulness as described here is to be more than just on the lips but also within the heart and intrinsically wrapped up with joy and celebration. I am just thankful to have discovered how to be more thankful.

2 Samuel 22:50
Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
1 Chronicles 16:8
Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people.
1 Chronicles 16:34
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever.
1 Chronicles 23:30
And to stand every morning to thank and praise the LORD, and likewise at even:
1 Chronicles 29:13
Now therefore, our God, we thank thee, and praise thy glorious name.
2 Chronicles 5:13
It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD; and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of musick, and praised the LORD, saying, For he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever: that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD;
Psalm 26:7
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
Psalm 30:4
Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
Psalm 30:12
To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
Psalm 35:18
I will give thee thanks in the great congregation: I will praise thee among much people.
Psalm 50:14
Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
Psalm 69:30
I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving
Psalm 75:1
Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare.
Psalm 79:13
So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture will give thee thanks for ever: we will shew forth thy praise to all generations.
Psalm 92:1
IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH:
Psalm 95:2
Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
Psalm 97:12
Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous; and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
Psalm 100:4
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
Psalm 106:1
Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalm 107:1
O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalm 107:22
And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.
Psalm 116:17
I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
Psalm 118:1
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalm 118:29
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Psalm 140:13
Surely the righteous shall give thanks unto thy name: the upright shall dwell in thy presence.
Psalm 147:7
Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God:
Jonah 2:9
But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the LORD.
Luke 10:21
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes: even so, Father; for so it seemed good in thy sight.
1 Corinthians 15:57
But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ
2 Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
2 Corinthians 4:15
For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
2 Corinthians 9:11
Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
Ephesians 5:4
Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
Colossians 3:15
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Hebrews 13:15
By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
Revelation 7:12
Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
Revelation 11:17
Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment